What do you think of this shutter card?
While wondering through facebook memories this morning I came across a shutter card I made a few years ago and remembered how much I liked it. I had to youtube how to make it again and found loads of people doing demo, so it’s hard who to credit it too. I didn’t directly follow any one tutorial as I wanted to make it my own size, I just followed the technique.
The coffee cup and sentiment on the front are from the Coffee Cafe stamp set and dies. Don’t you think the little coffee beans are cute? Although the Designer Series Paper I have used on this card has now retired there is plenty of others that would work just as well on a card like this.
World Card Making Day, 1st October
It is great that we celebrate world card making day, for me card making is a hobby that I throughly enjoy. It relaxes me. Having my own craft room gives me somewhere I can hide away, chill out and do my own thing. StampinUp is not just about card making, it is also scrapbooking through Memories and More and home decor
Being a Stampinup demonstrator gives me the opportunity to:-
- Buy their products at discounted prices.
- Co-ordinate with ease. The card stock, designer paper, ribbon and ink all in the same colours and colour families make my creative life much easier.
- Have my craft items are delivered to my door.
- Join my fellow demonstrator at events and retreats to share ideas and sample new products.
- Play with new stock 3 times a year.
Most importantly Stampinup allows me to share my craft with others.
- Join my team and begin your own StampinUp business.
- Get discounted StampinUp stock.
- Get great project idea.
- Shop for your own pleasure.
- Earn rewards.
- Come along to one of my stampinup classes run every 4 weeks in Hull.
- Host a crafty party and we can make some cards together with your friends.
Email me for any more information on Joining my StampinUp team. The starter kit is £99 and you can choose up to £130 worth of StampinUp products.
Love what you do and Share what you Love
Happy New Year in October?
Today is the start of the Stampinup new year and I have been in creative mood today. This creatively could be as it is World Card making Day. So celebrate by making some Happy New Year Cards of your own.
At last months retreat I joined loads of my Stampinup family and together we crafted. One of the make and takes from Sam Hammond was a card demonstrating a technique using Sliver Glimmer Paper under Window Sheets, coloured in with Blends.
I thought the effect was really pretty and the glimmer paper hides the adhesive too. So today I have been experimenting with this technique using different stamps and dies and Blends.
The first card is Serene Garden stamp set and matching dies.
The second card is Lift Me up stamp set and dies.
The third card is Dragonfly Delights stamp set and dies.
I have to say I really love this technique, It is one that I will use a lot.